Hey all beauties! :)
I am back with another review as promised. Today I am going to review a protein hair cream from Himalaya which is a quite successful herbal brand (though it use some inactive chemical preservatives :-O ) out here. I was very fond of their Nourishing skin cream and was regular user of it for quite a while. Then I started experimenting with other brands and completely forgot about it. Anyway coming back to the Protein Hair Cream that is I am going to review today, which I bought in a smaller tube size and Thank God! that I didn’t buy the larger tub as it was not available. Why so? Well read on,
WHAT THE PRODUCT CLAIMS :
Action : Nourishes your hair with Natural Proteins derived from ingredients like Wheatgerm and Chickpea. Indian Gooseberry and Thistles promote hair growth. Use regularly before and after shampooing for well nourished, soft and shiny hair. It contains Chanaka (Chickpea), which is a rich and natural source of protein that helps in hair growth along with Godhuma (Wheatgerm), which is also a good source of protein and vitamin E. Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry), acts as an anti-oxidant and hair growth promoter while Bhringaraja (Thistles) strengthens hair root and prevents hair fall. Protein hair cream nourishes hair root and shaft.
QUANTITY: 50 ml (Available in 175g tub also)
I have dry, frizzy hair; hence to tame the frizz and adding smoothness to my hair I bought this Protein cream. As you can see, the cream is thick in texture. I used it after shampooing as a leave-in conditioner. Following is my take on the product,
WHAT I LIKED:
- Very pocket friendly in the small size tube.
- Tube packaging is considerably hygienic than a tub as you don’t have to dip your fingers to scoop up product.
- A nice sharp, herbal smell which lingers for first 15-20mins.
- The whole ingredients list is given on back as well as on their website.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- It failed to do its sole purpose of taming my hair. It just made my hair look limp. Even applying small quantity didn’t help as it didn’t cover up my whole scalp and hair.
- The tube lasted me hardly 4-5 times of usage. Don’t know if they really give such less quantity or only my pack was faulty.
- It made my hair look limp and oily.
- I went to buy the tub one first and it was out of stock everywhere. But after using it I am relieved that I didn’t waste my money on the bigger version.
It didn’t work as per my expectations hence wouldn’t buy it again. And whether to recommend you or not, I don’t know because Himalaya products are quite good and it can be hit for you though it is a miss for me.
RATINGS: 3.5 out of 5