Hello beauties. Today I would do another NOTD from my recent haul. The nail enamel is from Lotus Herbals in shade Go Grapes. Lotus Herbals is a trusted brand of herbal products. After their success with beauty products they are moving onto cosmetics too.
QUANTITY: 8 ml
INGREDIENTS: Not listed but company claims it to be Acetone, DBP and Toluene free.
( 2 coats applied without any base coat or top coat. )
The nail polish is Acetone, DBP and Toluene free which is a thumbs up compared to other nail enamels. Also it is a herbal product hence very safe to use. A herbal nail polish do sound so interesting!
WHAT I LIKED:
- 1-2 coats give an opaque color.
- The brush applicator is long and of good quality hence one can have a good hold on it.
- Available in 10 exciting shades.
- Acetone, DBP and Toluene free, so no harmful chemicals which is definitely a huge positive point for those who like to wear nails polishes everyday. Harmful chemicals lead to yellowing of nails.
- Greater quantity in a good price compared to other nail enamels available.
- Dries off quick enough. Not superfast neither super slow.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- OMG! The smell! It gave off a weird acrylic paint kind of odour throughout the first day of application. I hated it. But on second day (after several times washing my hand) it became tolerable.
- It started peeling off in parts after second day though I would accrue that to household work.
- Maybe I am still a novice to apply nail enamels because it streaked a bit.
- This particular shade made my hands look a bit darker on the first day. But from second day it looked okay.
It was bit disappointing to me for the price paid. I won’t buy it again simply because I don’t wear nail enamels regularly. I would try some other brands. For those who wear nail enamels regularly this is a safe product for the nails and I would recommend trying it once.
RATINGS: 3 out of 5