Some love kajals, some like eyeliners. Me love this twist-up eye-kohl pencils. The first kohl liner I tried was of Lakme, then Tips & Toes, etc. Recently I bought this Lotus Herbals kohl liner in black(Onyx shade) color. Such kohl liners/pencils have a twist-up body (like in some pens) and you need to twist the body so that the head of the liners/pencils comes out.
Lotus Herbals is a trusted brand of herbal products. After their success with beauty products like sunscreens, creams, lotions, scrubs, etc they are moving onto cosmetics too.
WHAT IT CLAIMS:
Lotus Herbals Eye Liner is enriched with Botanical Extracts and Vit. E . It is 100% vegetarian & free of animal products.
|Left: 1swipe Right:3-4 swipes|
after being rubbed lightly.
PRICE: Rs. 199
QUANTITY: 1.2 g
Other than above nothing else is listed.
I apply this on my upper eyelids and on the waterline too. Those who like smudged eye makeup looks will be happy to use it since it smudges.
WHAT I LIKED:
- It is water proof, so don’t worry if you suddenly get tearful. This won’t run down your cheeks along with your tears.
- Smooth application. Doesn’t tug the eyelids.
- Doesn’t irritate my waterline which is surely a plus point.
- Doesn’t have any irritating smell.
- Comes with an in – built sharpener in case you want to sharpen to get a fine application.
- Stays put until rubbed off.
- The cap fits tightly and the body is sturdy.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- The colour is okayishly dark. I would have loved it if it was more dark. Don’t count it as a con. Just my personal liking.
- Smudges like anything. And that too very unevenly. Like if you accidentally touch your eyes it will be swiped off. You can simply rub it off with your fingers.
- Need 2-3 swipes to darken and bring out the actual colour.
- I once tried of sharpening it and accidentally put some extra pressure, which resulted in breaking off the whole product from inside the body :( . But somehow I managed to put it back and it is still holding on.
- The price can be a bit on the pinching side to some considering the quantity.
Overall a satisfactory product. It is herbal too. So I might try it again once I finish off my present one and also I recommend it to you to try it once.
RATINGS: 3.5 out of 5
P.S. : If you liked my post or want to say something about the product, then please leave a comment in the comment box below. I would love to hear from you.