Lotus Herbals Seduction™ Botanical Tinted Lip gloss - Shade Lychee Squash (#40) Review

Hello lovelies! Today I am going to review Lotus Herbals Seduction™ Botanical Tinted Lip gloss in Shade Lychee Squash that I was sent along with the Moist petal lipstick in Red Rover just before Diwali (diwali gift..eh? :P ). As I stated in my last post, Lotus Herbals has recently launched their Festive Glam collection with 6 new trendy shades in their MoistPetals™ range and 5 exciting shades of their Seduction™ LipGloss, and Lychee Squash belongs to this collection.

PRICE:  Rs. 225

QUANTITY: 5 ml. 


WHAT IT CLAIMS: "A unique, high gloss lip care formulation with a non-sticky feel. Enriched with botanical extracts of Grapes and Jojoba that make lips soft and supple for long. The unique product qualities are: Sponge Brush Applicator for smooth even application,Freedom to use as top coat without affecting lip color."

INGREDIENTS:
It contains botanical extracts of Grapes & Jojoba that keep your lips soft & moisturized all day long. This premium innovative lip gloss is 100% vegetarian & free of animal products, making it absolutely safe. The whole list is not given. 


SWATCH:


MY EXPERIENCE: The shade Lychee Squash is a light pink gloss with brown undertones, with loads of shimmer/sparkle packed in and hence would give nice shimmery coverage to both pinkish and brownish lips. It looks great both on bare lips and on top of lipsticks. I use it on top of my Red Rover MoistPetal lipstick and it looks absolutely gorgeous.I loved everything about the gloss, except for the fact the sparkles in the gloss spreads over the mouth area when it is wiped off which I really hate!

WHAT I LIKED:

  • It is non-sticky unlike other lip glosses.
  • It is very moisturizing due to the presence of Jojoba Oil.
  • It gives a high shine, blingy/shimmery effect to the lips and I just love to use it on top of the Red Rover lipstick.
  • Pretty decent coverage being a light lipgloss and stays on lips like any other gloss for 2-3hrs.
  • Comes at a decent price for the quantity and quality.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • The sparkles spreads over the mouth and removing it is a pain.
  • I didn't like the smell though it is quite subtle.
  • It is very shimmery and not suitable for office wear.
  • Transfers to objects, but that's a problem with all glosses.
VERDICT: If you are fond of blingy/shimmery lips these are just perfect for the evening/night outs. I really liked it and might try out some other shades too.

RATINGS:  4.25 out of 5

**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.

12 comments:

  1. @Sadee Thanks and I guess the shimmers make it look so pigmented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't even started using these.... hehehehe .. its too shimmery naaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rids Ya it is but it looks good on lips ...only if the sparkles didn't stray when wiped I would have given it more marks :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its indeed a pain with the sparkles in lipstick. It looks sexy but when it spreads is aweful!!! :(
    Check out my 'Biotique Skin Care + Lots more' GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice review Pooja..but shimmer scares me too..:-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Prachi Hey how r u??long time no see :| ya the shimmers is a bit high in this so might not suit everyone's taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Pooja..I was a bit busy.. Mom was not well. How you doing. Did you check out my My Lip Stuff giveaway. plz do enter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Pooja_G Oh!I hope she gets better soon :) Take care! N would enter!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)