Super Body Care Lip Balm Review

Hola ladies! In my teens, I was addicted to all kinds of peppermint candies, chewing gums, mouth fresheners and all that, and the addiction still persists, now through other mediums and channels like beauty and skincare items. Remember when I told you in some other posts, that there will be new trends for smell and tastes for every season. Well for me, it’s peppermint #trending now :P. So, today I would be reviewing another product from the Super Body Care Kit, the Super Body Care Lip Balm.  



 PRICE:  $ 3.95 ea

QUANTITY: 4.25g


WHAT IT CLAIMS: “Tingle, nourish and hydrate. Made with plant oils of Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Lavender and Bergamot.”

INGREDIENTS:
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/ Capric Tri-glyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, MelaleucaAlternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil.


MY EXPERIENCE:
I don’t have severely chapped lips, but in winters, a good lip-balm is an absolute necessity for me too. I have been using the Super Body Care Lip Balm for last two weeks. I apply it in the morning and before going to sleep at night, and it keeps my lips hydrated and well moisturised. Below is my take on this lipbalm,

WHAT I LIKED:
  • It is non-waxy and goes on smoothly.
  • Awesome smell of peppermint and you get a ‘feeling’ of a mouth freshener inside your mouth and tingling lips.
  • Comes in cylindrical retractable tube that works completely fine and controls the amount of the product. So, non-messy compared to tub-form lipbalms.
  • Absolutely no taste.
  • Makes your lips appear smoother and adds a bit of shine like plain gloss.
  • Stays put for hours until washed off.
  • No mineral oil or petroleum based ingredients. Mainly consists of plant matter and essential oils.
  • Doesn’t test on animals.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • Since it is not waxy, so might not work as a base for many lipsticks.
  • A bit pricey for a lip-balm.
  • Availability is an issue. You can buy it from here.
#Note: Super Body care advertises its products mainly in USA and Australia markets as of now, due to hodgepodge international regulations.

VERDICT: If you like peppermint and if you like hoarding lip-balms then this lip-balm is a must in your stash. :D

RATINGS:  4.5 out of 5
**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.

11 comments:

  1. Ingredients sound good..I have a peppermint and orange oil one..and quite love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bhumika This one I really like...do share about the one you like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love non-waxy balms n this one looks real nice :)

    nice review Pooja :)
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds a very good lip balm but yes it's pricey. :( will skip it.

    Btw Nice review and am following you now. :)

    Visit my blog here : http://vivaciousblog17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Namita Yes this one is really nice.

    @Vertu Thanks and welcome to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours is a very inspiring blog! Thank for sharing this. For a newbie like moi, How important is it to watermark your pictures? I see all your pictures have your url watermarked on them. This may sound silly , but I see most pro-bloggers doing it and I'm wondering if I should do the same with my blog pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Spellbinder It is necessary to watermark ur pictures since anyone can copy it from the internet. U need some credit for your hardwork right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got it! Will do so from next post onwards!!!

    http://liantra.blogspot.com/2011/12/finally-i-got-naked.html

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)