Garnier Pure Active Blackheads Uprooting Scrub Review

Hey ya ladies! As we all know, apart from the Cleansing-Toning-Moisturising our skin, Scrubbing/Exfoliating frequently is also important to remove dead cells and rejuvenate skin. But, how frequent should we scrub/exfoliate our skin? Generally, it is recommended to go for exfoliation two-three times per week. Also based on skin types, oily skin needs more exfoliation than dry skin. However, frequent exfoliation can lead up to dryness of skin, and make skin rough (I had some experience of that :( ) and it is utmost necessary to moisturise properly after exfoliation. Few things to keep in mind, exfoliation shouldn't be done with a heavy hand or a lot of pressure that your skin gets irritated/reddened and it shouldn't be too light either that it doesn't work effectively at all. Since facial skin is more delicate, we should take care what kind of scrub we use on it. 

Today, I am going to review the Blackheads Uprooting Scrub from Garnier Pure Active range.


PRICE: Rs.79

QUANTITY: 50g

INGREDIENTS: 


WHAT IT CLAIMS: " Garnier PureActive is a new generation of concentrated formulae tested on acne-prone skin.
Is PureActive Blackheads Uprooting scrub made for me?

Yes, if your skin is prone to blackheads and you wish to remove them while cleansing to prevent the re-appearance and clear imperfection marks. 
It’s secret?
An unprecedented association in the formula which fights imperfections and their marks.
Concentrated Salicylic acid is one of the most efficient exfoliant actives.
The proven power of plants - HerbaRepair is a natural active extracted from Vaccinium myrtillus with exceptional regenerating and skin-repairing properties.* 
*tested in vitro "

MY EXPERIENCE: Firstly, I must let you know that I don't have much blackheads problem. Rather, I have whiteheads problem. Garnier Pure Active Blackheads Uprooting Scrub comes in tube packaging. The scrub itself is thick gel like in texture, with blue granules/scrub particles, which aren't harsh on skin at all. It creates a creamy foam when rubbed on skin. After washing it off, it leaves a tingling, cool feeling on the skin because of the mint extracts, which I really love. 


Apart from this, it does nothing. No apparent uprooting of whiteheads, neither any spot lightening is observed. Had it lathered like a facewash, I would have still given it more points. But it doesn't, and I don't see any further use out of it.
WHAT I LIKED:
  • Comes in a tube packaging.
  • The scrub particles are really gentle on skin.
  • Leaves a minty cool sensation on skin, which I love, esp. during this hot weather.
  • Didn't irritate my sensitive skin. 
  • Only a little amount is required in every use. So one tube would last a while.
  • Price is pocket friendly.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • Doesn't uproot any whiteheads/blackheads on my skin.
  • Didn't help in spot lightening as per the claims.
  • I would have liked it more, if it lathered like a facewash and be a 2-in-1 product.
VERDICT:
If you leave out the product claims, then this is a nice gentle scrub for all skin types (even sensitive skin). And if you like minty fragrance then you are sure going to love it. Else, this is not the product for you! 

RATINGS: 3.5 out of 5

**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.

9 comments:

  1. nw hw can we ignore the claims? when it doesn't do what it has to do.. lol
    :P

    Maybe you have time to read my New Post- Similar Difference

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ....don't understand why the brands make such false claims!

      Delete
  2. ooo..sad tat it didnt work 4 u... i usually get blackhead problems in the summers & i picked tis one a few months back.. it worked totally well on me.. no blackheads since 2 months using this twice a week..

    i too love the scrub particles & the minty cooling...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh good that u confirmed that it worked for ur blackheads problem...I didn't have much blackheads problem so I didn't see it's effect and neither it worked on spot lightening for me! :(

      Delete
  3. i was hoping for a positive outcome..i have recently noticed blackheads..they are small but still..i need a product that works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be u can try this once to see if it works for u! Everyone has different skin type, so it might work on u :)

      Delete
  4. yeah.. spot lightening claim is false.. nothin as such from this scrub...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya even I found it ok..I like Clean and Clear one as a facewash..lathers well..and is so soothing and totally awakens..

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)