Lakmé Absolute Matte Lipstick - Shade Desert Dune Review

I like pink and nude lip colors than darker shades. But then we all like to play around with different shades at times. Lakmé Absolute Matte Lipstick in Shade Desert Dune isn't exactly the shade I would go for, but it surely was an experiment for me to try this shade. Read on to know my views on it.


PRICE:  Rs. 375

QUANTITY: 3.6 g

WHAT IT CLAIMS:
A single sweep of Lakme’s ABSOLUTE Matte Lipcolor and you are set for any occasion. Light and rich in color, it gives a feel good matte finish. Wheatgerm Oil rich in vitamin E keeps the silky smooth and soft. With a unique non drying formula, the color last longer and also keeps the lips hydrated.

SWATCH: 

 
 

MY EXPERIENCE: Lakmé Absolute Matte Lipstick comes in this sleek silver packaging. It is really lightweight, and I fear of breaking it accidentally if it fall from my hands. The texture of the lipstick is also light, it goes sheer in one swipe and require multiple swipes to build up the color. The shade Desert Dune is a dark brown shade, with a golden sheen (due to the shimmers). I have dark pink lips with little pigmentation and it gives an opaque coverage in two swipes. The full blown shade looks a little vampy on my yellow complexion. But would suit dusky skin tones really well. The slight golden sheen makes it perfect for weddings and parties and would go better with traditional outfits. It lasts on me for 4-5 hours, though it doesn't survive through meals and neither it leaves any tint. It does pronounces the fine lines and flakes on my lips which is quite un-flattering! I like to wear this shade sheerly, and it matches my original lip color and looks natural. To sum it up,

WHAT I LIKED:
  • Doesn't feel heavy on the lips.
  • The golden shimmers aren't gritty and doesn't look OTT on lips.
  • Comes in a sleek silver packaging which I like.
  • Can be worn sheerly and the color can be built-up. 
  • The shade Desert Dune is more suitable for evening wear with traditional Indian outfits.
  • Lasts for 4-5 hours on me. 
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • Lips feel a bit dry and the lines are more pronounced
  • Not transfer proof, though it claims to be matte finish. 
  • The shade Desert Dune would suit dusky skin tones better.

VERDICT: It is a good quality lipstick at a decent price. I would like to try some pink shades from this range maybe next time. If you are looking for a dark brown shade then you can give this a try.

RATINGS:  3.75 out of 5

**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer.

15 comments:

  1. The shade is quite different..Peach Carnation looked good untill now..I have not yet tried these..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like such shades sometimes , once in a while :)thx for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shade...i have peach carnation,pink princess and elegant bloom but after seeing your post i think i should try this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do try if u like brown shades..this is kinda more of a festive shade.

      Delete
  4. the shade is pretty..but i hate shimmer in lipsticks..but this wud gud for evenings

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty shade..but i hate shimmer in lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shimmer isn't OTT Preetha, kinda gives a frosty sheen to the lipstick.

      Delete
  6. hi pooja, nice review but i no like such frosty shades. as it is, i find these absolute matte lippies very drying... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, yes me too have seen my lips getting a bit fry and lines more pronounced on it !

      Delete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)