AuraVedic Ritual Skin Lightening Mask Review

Hey guys,  Merry Christmas in advance! :) What are your plans for this Christmas? Well, I am going out with my buddies for lunch and then have some fun and adda afterwards. :D

Anywho, coming to today's post, I would be reviewing the AuraVedic Ritual Skin Lightening Mask today , which by the way is a boon for lazy bums like me, who always like to follow a good skin care regime with natural face masks but never end up doing so, out of sheer laziness. :P

Read on to know how it worked for me.


PRICE:  Rs. 200

QUANTITY: 50 g

INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS TO USE:

  
WHAT IT CLAIMS:  This gentle facial mask formulated with pure natural actives deeply penetrates the skin to lighten the complexion and clarify dark spots for glowing and radiant skin.

MY EXPERIENCE: AuraVedic Ritual Skin Lightening Mask is a readymade face mask, and that's why I said it is a boon for lazy bums like myself. The mask is reddish brown (because of red sandalwood and saffron I guess) in color that leaves a strong yellow tinge (due to presence of turmeric). The texture is really thick and a bit sticky, that makes it a little difficult to spread on my dry skin. Also it's a bit grainy, so it doubles up as a scrub while washing it off. It comes in a tub packaging, with an inner lid. It has got a strong fragrance of sandalwood which I quite like. I have been using it as per the instructions for last 1 week. Cleanse my face, apply the mask on my face and neck, and keep it for 15-20 mins and then wash it off with normal water.  The pack lasted me 6-7 times of use. 


Coming to the results. It doesn't dry out or cause any skin tightening. The grainy texture scrubs skin gently, while washing it off.  It leaves a golden glow to my face (I have yellow undertones so that yellow tinge works for me, and it's not that obvious/dark if you maintain the time frame of 15-20 mins and not keep it more than that ;) ). It didn't break me out or cause any skin irritation though I have acne prone skin. I had expected it would heal/dry out the few acne/breakouts that I had before I started using it,  but it didn't show much effect on them. Also, I didn't see any effective lightening or clarifying effect on existing dark spots. But then natural ingredients or even home made masks takes months to show effective results, hence I won't complain much.

WHAT I LIKED:
  • A readymade mask for easy, hassle-free, everyday use.
  • Doesn't dry out skin or cause any irritation.
  • Cleanses and provides a glow to skin, and makes it soft.
  • The grainy texture acts as a gentle scrub.
  • I like the sandalwood fragrance.   
  • All natural ingredients, that itself gives a feel good factor.
  • No animal testing.

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • The 50 g pack lasts 6-7 uses only. Hence the price starts pinching a bit. 
  • Apart from a glowing skin, I didn't see much lightening or clarifying effect on dark spots in this 1 week of usage, but then natural ingredients requires time to show effective results. So one needs to be patient.

VERDICT: A nice, everyday mask that improves skin texture and gives a glowing skin. If you still feel lazy to include natural masks in your skin regime, here is a hassle-free option to try out. Let me know your views on it, if you have tried it and whether you liked it or not! :)

RATINGS:  4 out of 5 

**Product sent by PR for consideration but it doesn't influence my honest opinion! Read my disclaimer. 
 

8 comments:

  1. i hv been wanting this since jo of ETM reviewed this..

    now with ur review too.. this one is a sure shot buy for me..

    just thinking a little about the yellowish tinge on the face & longing to complete all my current masks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Revathy..the yellow tinge isn't that bad ..it gets obvious only if u keep it more than the req. time :)

      Delete
  2. I like this..only applying is a pain..coz too thick and gooey..:/

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)