Revlon Scented Nail Enamel - Shade Beach (03) Review

Hey ya ladies! Sorry for being MIA for a while. As I have told you earlier, I was busy with my besties' weddings these past few days, and what a gala time I had. Super refreshed and energised. :D

So here I am with another product review, and from a brand that had been here since my birth (okay just add ten years to that :P ), and IDK why I never tried anything from them ever. But, it's never too late, and I got the Revlon Scented Nail Polish in the shade Beach (#fact Did you know the first product by Revlon was a nail enamel?! ;) ) in my recent Myntra Haul.


PRICE:  Rs.150

QUANTITY: 8 ml

SWATCH:  


MY EXPERIENCE: I was attracted to the frosty pista green shade, and to top that the promise of scented nails! I had to get this! The consistency of the polish is thin, and the nail line is still visible after two thick coats. However, I am really impressed with the longevity of the nail polish. It stayed without any chipping for 3 days, post that only very slight chipping at the tips due to daily torture my nails face (always clicking and typing away on my laptop). 


Coming to the magical claim of the scented nails. I was first miffed at the alcoholic smell of nail polish when I tried to smell in the bottle and also while application. Later read the "Scented when dry" tag on the cap. It dried up pretty fast, and then the scent got more discernible. But it doesn't smell anything like beach, but more like those of perfumed ink pen, and really I didn't expect that on my nails. It isn't bad/OTT, but not so good too and I could smell it till the next day, after which I stamped some design and used a top coat, and the scent then became quite indiscernible.

WHAT I LIKED:
  • Thin consistency but applies smoothly.
  • Dries up pretty fast.
  • The brush is of good quality and makes application easy.
  • I just love this golden green shade
  • Maintains the shine/glossiness till removed.  
  • Doesn't chip till 3 days, and wears off just at the nail tips post that. 
  • It is Toluene & Formaldehyde free.
  • I guess it is a first and one of a kind scented nail enamel available in India.

WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
  • Not a big fan of the smell, though it's not OTT. 
  • Requires 3-4 coats to get opaque.
  • Though there are 16 shades in this range, but not all are easily available. (Saw only 4 on Myntra).

VERDICT: I loved the shade, the quality and the glossy finish, but the consistency could have been a bit thicker. At this price, it is definitely worth a try but maybe in some other scents.

RATINGS:  4.5 out of 5

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I would love to check them out this weekend. Thought I am not a fan of "lustre" finish nail polishes yet I'd give them a try. Thanks for the review.
    <3
    Jiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and beautiful color..:)
    Looks great on you Pooja. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a very pretty color....it comes in the non scented range too...which is for about rs 140

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh okay..didn't know that..anyway 10 bucks hardly matters :P

      Delete
  4. Looks good on you :)
    Its a nice shade but doesn't suit my hands so got Raspberry Rapture instead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Neha...raspberry one is a pretty shade too..but how does it smell?? share with us! :)

      Delete
  5. i have the Cherry shade and it smells just like cherries! :)

    Check out my blog at: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have i have this shade :)

    check out my blog : http://anubeautilicious.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its pretty..aint it ;)

      and I already checked ur blog dear, while doing your feature...haha :P

      Delete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)