The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel Review


I am definitely becoming a TBS addict. The next shower gel in my stash is the Strawberry Shower Gel from The Body Shop which I got in my recent 24x7style.com haul, and I am going to do a quick review of this one.


PRICE:  Rs.395 (Bought from 24x7style.com)

QUANTITY: 250 ml

INGREDIENTS:
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Glycerin (Humectant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Cocamide DEA (Surfactant), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Fragaria vesca (Strawberry Juice) (Natural Additive), PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate (Surfactant), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Benzophenone-4 (Sunscreen), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 17200 (Colour), CI 14700 (Colour).  

Differs from the above list taken from original TBS site!?
 
WHAT IT CLAIMS: This soap-free shower gel contains real strawberry seed oil. It has a deliciously sweet scent. 
  • Soap-free. 
  • Lather-rich. 
  • Sweet strawberry scent 

MY EXPERIENCE: The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel comes in a similar transparent flip top cap sturdy bottle, like other shower gels from this range. The consistency is runny, while the texture is medium, gel like, with a slight red tint. It is definitely lather rich, like all the other TBS shower gels.
 

Coming to the fragrance. It smells like strawberry bubblegum to me. If you like fruity fragrances then you will surely love this. Sadly it doesn't linger on me. :( Also, I am a little confused with the inconsistency in the prices of the different shower gels. 

You can read my full review on The Body Shop Moringa Shower Gel Review,  to know my overall experience for TBS body washes.  Also, read my review on The Body Shop Love Etc...™ Body Wash, to know why I love it so much! :D

VERDICT: I like the sweet strawberry bubblegum smell but I am not so much into fruity fragrances, so might not repurchase this one. Those who love fruity, strawberry smell would love this. But why this inconsistency in the prices? So, it scored a little less than the other TBS shower gels in my kitty.

RATINGS:  4 out of 5

11 comments:

  1. Would buy this sometime... I am currently using the shea body shower cream...and its good too.. nice review..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice n useful review Pooja, Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review...i am more into marks and spencers ka shower gels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..I haven't tried M&S shower gels...hmm another brand to try out :D

      Delete
  4. Agree with u. TBS is an addiction. most of the products are worth d price.good review.
    Let's follow each other if u like to.

    ReplyDelete

I would like your feedback on the post. Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will surely reply you :)
Please refrain from using abusive,racial comments. Thanks :)